Makeover Madness: TPT Seller Challenge Week 1

Being a seller on TPT for 2.5 years now has been amazing! Since I've been a teacher (9 years gone already!), I have more or less been constantly creating things to use with my little friends. After using the products with my little friends, I then began making them "TPT ready" so that others can also help their little readers.  When I look back at my original products 2.5 years ago, some make me cringe a little...I just didn't totally know how to make them "TPT ready" yet at that point, but I've spent many a hour trying to make my products match my own style- both content-wise and prettiness wise. :)

I tend to spend more time working on new products just because I can never keep up with my little readers and what they need, but I also try to spend at least a little time updating old products as well. I generally do not change the content of my products when making edits, because I wouldn't have it up on TPT if I didn't think it was superb content wise! But, I do like to update backgrounds, fonts and graphics to make them the most kid-friendly as possible.

Sometimes I need a little extra motivation to actually work on editing products as opposed to working on new ones, which is why I love the #tptsellerchallenge that is going on right now.  Third in Hollywood, Teach Create Motivate,  Sparkling in Second & Peppy Zesty Teacherista have a great TPT summer challenge going on to motivate all us sellers! This week the theme was Makeover Madness- choosing a product and making it over.

I chose to makeover my Non Fiction Pack. This is a big seller of mine and I use it constantly with my kindergartners and 1st graders. It addresses all the CCSS for Informational Text with posters, graphic organizers and little journals. Though I did not change any content, this pack needed a new look- so I added new graphics, backgrounds and fonts to make it match the style of my other packs!

It went from this: 

To this: 

You can check out the updated pack here

Have a great day!
Aylin


4 comments

  1. Your new product cover looks amazing! I like the how the girl with books in her hands stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your product makeover looks great! I thought it looked fabulous before, too. :)
    Rebecca
    Classroom Compulsion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update! I love the font changes, much easier to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great!! And I agree, I look at the design of some of my first resources and cringe too. It can be a never ending process to update and also be creating new. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top