Tried-It Tuesday: Math Slide

I am so glad to have found Tara at The Elementary Math Maniac!  Tara has given me tons of great ideas for math-if you love teaching math like me or if you simply have to teach  math and are looking for new ideas hop on over and check out Tara's blog! :)

Tara introduced me to the free app: Math Slide and my students love it!  They love it for several reasons but the number one reason has to be that they get to play against each other.  Even in the free app (there are a couple of paid versions as well) up to 4 players can play at once which is awesome!


Students race against each other practicing a variety of skills.  There are several versions of this game including: addition/subtraction, place value, tens/ones, hundreds/tens/ones, multiplication/division, ect.

The screenshots from this post come from the addition/subtraction game. If you want to see other versions of this application click the words above and then once you are in your new window click "view more by this developer" to see the complete list.





As a teacher, I really like this application because it helps students practice their fact fluency (as they race against their peers) and kids are seeing addition/subtraction number sentences in a variety of ways (fingers, dice, ten frames, ect.) which helps with their number sense.

A big thank you to Holly over at Fourth Grade Flipper for hosting this wonderful linky!  Make sure to hop on over to Holly's blog to see more things teachers have tried in their classrooms!  


 Happy Tuesday!
Amanda


5 comments

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I love all the different math slides. The best part really is the fact that 1-4 players can play at the same time.

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh....fun! I just added this app. My kids are going to love trying this out. They are getting bored with all of our usual apps that we use. I actually played it too and it's fun!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Downloading as I type!! Can't wait to have my kiddos try this next week!!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing this app!! I can't wait to try it out with my firsties!
    Em
    Curious Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to download this the other night for my daughter's Kindle but the Wifi isn't working right here and I couldn't find it. Then, I got distracted and forgot to come back and comment! :) Thanks again for a great tip and I'm determined to check it out!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top