Halloween Week and November Currently!

Wow, what a week! My kiddos enjoyed LOVED every minute leading up to Halloween.  It didn't matter what we were learning  about-somehow it always seemed to end up in a discussion about Halloween.  I mean seriously, even number talks can remind you what you are going to be for Halloween when you are 6 years old!  In a nutshell, here was our week! :)

1. Pumpkin Patch 
We went to the pumpkin patch.  Students walked around, rode a few rides, and ended up getting to pick out a pumpkin!  When we got back to school and the students began investigating their own pumpkin with a cute sheet two of my teammates put together!


2. Spiders
My students' number sense is getting stronger.  Students are able to look at a number and able to see it in my different ways and forms which is exciting to me!  Students made these spiders and put equations to equal their number in the middle.  Students can do this activity many different ways (which is one thing I love!)  Some of my students only used addition but I also had students using 3 addend addition, subtraction and even multiplication!  It is fun to see students look at a number and think about it is in so many different ways.



3. Halloween at School 
It was raining all day  yesterday so we didn't go outside for our annual parade at school.  Instead, students lined the hallways sitting and cheering as different grade levels walked by.  Each grade level walked through the school to show off their costumes.  My classroom was filled with monsters, princesses, and many more costumes.  One of the costumes that put a big smile on my face was this minion costume below:
It is hard to tell in the picture-this mask is yellow ski mask and mom worked super hard on poking little pieces of black piping through it, the glasses were drawn on...it was a fabulous costume!

The "First Grade Teacher Express!"  I am the caboose! 

4. our Halloween
Although the weather did not get much better after school...we did have about an hour that we were able to get in trick-or-treating with our niece.  Every year for Halloween she chooses what costume her "Uncle Jeff" is going to wear.  This year, she chose a cupcake... a pink cupcake.  He did with a smile on his face and Izzi loved seeing him dressed!  I can't wait to see what Jeff will be next year!

The caboose, tangled and a pink cupcake for Halloween
5. currently
The first of the month means CURRENTLY! I am linky up with Farley from Oh Boy 4th Grade to share our monthly currently.

Santa Fe Chicken from Skinny Taste-easy and delicious!  

Thanks to Doodle Bugs Teaching {First Grade Rocks!} and Farley from Oh Boy 4th Grade for hosting fun linkies that help teachers connect and find new teacher bloggers with great ideas!  If you haven't yet, head on over to both of these blogs for more fun!

  

Happy November!
Amanda



7 comments

  1. Found you through Farley. Pinned that yummy looking Santa Fe Chicken recipe. I would also love to have three day weekends every weekend. It would be so nice to feel caught up! I'm not sure that is ever going to happen (getting caught up).
    Teacher Gone Digital

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the number sense spiders! Will be saving this idea for next year! Thanks for the food pin - will be checking that out. I found you through the November Currently linky!

    Blessings,
    Sarah
    smbhankinson@gmail.com
    Learning is for Superstars
    follow on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how excited 1st graders get about Halloween!!! I'm teaching 4th and 5th grade this year, and it's not the same as 1st...everything is so magical to a firstie! I'm right there with you on wishing for three day weekends! I always feel like I have too much to do and not enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. Your recipe looks amazing. I even went to the website, and oh my there were lots of yummy recipes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a wonderful and fun Halloween week! I love the minion costume. :) Your recipe sounds really good. I need to make that- would be good on this cold day!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how cute and simple your team's costumes were! That is totally my speed! Best of luck on the run tomorrow, I've got friends running in it too!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post! First of all, isn't your husband a good sport?! The little minon is precious! We haven't take a field trip yet. I have 29 kids and I'm too afraid!!! :) A Hot Chocolate Run sounds like a great way to spend Sunday! Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top