Five for Friday and a Freebie!

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs {First Grade Rocks} and Teaching Blog Addict for some fun on Friday!  
  


1. Blogging Buddy Lunch
On Monday, Kristin from iteach1:1, Aylin and I met for lunch.  I wish I took a picture to go with this little post but I didn't...we were too busy chatting and working!  It is so fun to meet with blogging buddies because there is simply so many ideas to run across one another and things to discuss.  I swear we didn't stop talking for 4 hours!  At one point Kristin's hubby came home, walked in to say a quick hello, and then walked right out because I am pretty sure after only a few minutes of gabbing he was totally overwhelmed!

2. Anniversary Dinner
This week the hubby and I celebrated 2 years of marriage!  I love special days, (who doesn't?!!?) -so you can imagine how excited I get for our anniversary! I woke up to a sweet note from my hubby as he went off to study for much of the day.  When he got home we went out to dinner to one of our favorite restaurants and came home to open cards and watch our wedding video.  It was a good day and I am certainly blessed to have such a wonderful and caring husband!


3. AND 4. Ten Frames Galore
I have talked about this before but number sense is so important to a strong mathematics foundation.  That is why common core spends so much time helping young students to dig deep into numbers.  I have been looking over and thinking about things that are crucial my kids have a strong understanding for in mathematics.  Ten Frames is one of those concepts and I plan to hit hard next year. Ten frames help students to visualize numbers in many different ways.

For instance, when drawing 8 dots (see below) into a ten frame the number 8 can be seen in several different ways. 8 can be seen as 5 and 3 more or 2 less then 10.  This visual understanding helps students to turn it into addition and subtraction i.e. 5+3=8 and 10-2 equals 8.


I have been working on a couple of new ten frame products and am really excited that they are finally finished! This Ten Frame Fun Game and Center Pack gets kids interacting with ten frames through a variety of fun hands-on math centers!  This pack includes several games, task cards, and printables to help you assess your students learning.  Click here to see this pack!


To get my kids going with the technology in our classroom I created a QR Code Ten Frame Number Hunt.  Each QR Code scanned tells students which number they need to look for next.  Students go on a hunt around the classroom as they find each new number! 

If you are reading this...thanks for staying with me!  Finally, click here to get this Ten Frame Freebie! Helping students to visualize numbers recognize them in many ways is the a great beginning step to helping them understand both addition and subtraction.



5. Show us some Bloglovin’


Our Bloglovin' Giveaway is still going on!  To see our original post on Bloglovin' click here! Or simply enter the raffle copter below! You will be entered to win 1 item from each of our TPT Stores (winner's choice!)  
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Happy Friday!
Amanda


13 comments

  1. My favorite part of summer so far has been that I finally exhaled and relaxed. I feel calm and happy instead of rushed and flurried.
    Debbie
    debjac9@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed sleeping in & then reading!!

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary to you!! How fun that you got to have a blogging buddy lunch!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite part of the summer has been staying up late and sleeping in a bit. It's a nice change of pace from the rest of the year.

    Happy anniversary! Hope you had a great time!
    Alison
    Eberopolis: Teaching Reading & Writing with Technology

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! What is your husband studying for?
    I have the Ten Frames & QR codes in my cart. Thanks for the freebie!
    I'm glad your enjoying your summer! Summer school will be done on Tues.
    so I will be looking forward to sleeping in some too. Thanks again, Jackie
    jmcmanam@w-sioux.k12.ia.us

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVED our bloggy date and can't wait to have another one soon! I think Mike was happy to have the excuse of mowing the lawn to avoid the teacher/blogger talk- ha! Your new 10 frame activities look so fun, especially the scavenger hunt! Hope you had an amazing anniversary- can't believe it's been 2 years.

    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary!
    Great minds think alike. My freebie this Friday is a 10 frames center.
    Have a great evening.

    School Is a Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! My favorite part of summer so far is sleeping in, taking a nap, and reading.

    Kathy kburch@sjbplymouth.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the QR Code ten frame activity! Happy Anniversary! Thanks for the freebie.
    Tamra and Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time spent working on ideas for the next school year...and spending time with my friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary! I've been married for 27 years and think it was the best decision I've ever made! My favorite part of summer is sitting on my porch stairs in the quiet morning hours with a cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Aylin! I just read your profile! I have run 5 very slow marathons. They are packing up by the time I arrive-no more Gatorade or bananas. My family has to bring refuel food for me. It's an amazing feeling, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy,
      Wow- 5 is a whole lot of marathons!! Very impressive! Sometimes the food your family as refuel food is better anyway. :) It truly is an amazing accomplishment!
      Aylin

      Delete

Back to Top