Mother's Day, Five for Friday and a Freebie!

It is another Friday and as we get closer to summer the weeks seem to be passing quicker and quicker!  I am linking up with Teaching Blog Addict for Freebie Friday and Doodle Bugs {First Grade Rocks!} for Five for Friday to tell you about our week! 

1. Mother’s Day
This week we have been working hard at creating special things for the moms in our classroom.  Every day that we did something for Mother's Day I had at least one child ask me... "Mrs. Zanchelli, are you going to make one for your mom?"  So, I did...well some of them at least! :)  I did not do a handprint picture for my mom (my hand was simply too big,) but I did create a "Favorites" page with all of my Mom's favorite things and a coupon book (I am sure she will still appreciate that!) Although I will be picking up a little something extra for my mom-I know she will smile at some of these fun "blast from the past" projects as well.   

  


   

For these Mother's Day Activities and many more please click the picture below!



2. New Workout Clothes
In order to try and get myself back in shape I am setting a goal for myself each month.  It is very objective-a certain number of miles.  If I achieve it I get to reward myself with a little something.  If do not reach my goal I simply try again next month!  Well, I made my "April Goal" and here's what my little treat was that I finally got around to buying...new workout clothes!

2 pairs of shorts and a pack of socks!  It might not seem very exciting to some but to have bright, fun clothes to workout in helps me to stay motivated!  I "upped" my mileage goal for May and changed my reward to a cute pair of shoes! Anything to stay motivated, right?   


3. Teacher Appreciation
I am very lucky to work with a supportive staff as well as in a very supportive community. This week we were pampered with breakfasts, lunches, treats, and reminders that we are appreciated.  Massage therapists even came in one day and treated us to free massages!  It was a wonderful week!  Below is one of the gifts I received that will be treasured and kept in my classroom for quite some time.  



4. Think Link
Our end of the year testing has officially begun!  Last week Aylin talked about AIMS Web and how our little kiddos preformed.  This week our students took their "Think Link," which is an assessment through Discovery that is given to students (all the way down to K)  4 times a year-this being our last round.  

Although it is hard to believe that our little friends are able to take these tests and focus long enough to be succussful-it left me really proud of the gains that each and everyone of them has made this year.  They have come so far from where they started.  Students are able to problem solve in math and have a deep understanding of numbers.  In reading, our students are definitely reading and comprehending-it makes me smile thinking of how hard my kids worked all year and how much they have learned!  

5. Freebie
Fridays are simply not complete without a freebie!  Balancing equations is still challenging for many of my friends to visualize.  They seem to understand the concept but I needed to create something that broke it down for them a little bit more. Click here or on the picture below to grab this freebie!

CCSS.Math.Content.1.OA.B.3 Apply properties of operations as strategies to add and subtract.2Examples: If 8 + 3 = 11 is known, then 3 + 8 = 11 is also known. (Commutative property of addition.) To add 2 + 6 + 4, the second two numbers can be added to make a ten, so 2 + 6 + 4 = 2 + 10 = 12. (Associative property of addition.)





Happy Friday!
Amanda


10 comments

  1. I LOVE new workout clothes too! Unfortunately, it never works as a motivator... :-P Happy Friday!
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the freebie! Love the Mother's Day crafts! Congratulations on making your goal and getting new clothes! I get excited about fuzzy socks, so I totally get that new clothes keep you motivated!

    Have a great weekend!
    Kelly
    Koonce’s Korner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree- anything to stay motivated for working out! Cute workout shorts and socks!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha my students were also very concerned about what I was going to be doing with my mom. Good luck with a new work out routine. At the start of last year, I bought all new work out clothes too with the same intention. I still have the clothes...but the gym membership is long gone...

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your workout incentive. I am in your camp - if you have cute clothes, you're more likely to workout! My favorite are Lululemon pants! Thanks for the freebie - my kids are struggling with the same concept!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are motivated and will have no problem achieving your fitness goals! Smiles and stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for making your fitness goals! I am so NOT making my goals, it's just so crazy right now. But soon...I hope! I have a semi-busy summer ahead so I hope I can stick with it!! Your Mother's Day activities were so cute, and as a mom, I would love something like that!!

    Have a great weekend!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed reading your post! Wonderful creations for moms and a touching sentiment for you! Thanks for the freebie! Have a great week...

    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great mother days activities! Looks like so much fun! :)
    Julie
    Ms. Shope's Class

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great things in this post. The Mother's Day coupons are very cute. I bet the moms loved them. God job on your fitness goal! We have AIMS Web assessments this week! Have you found a great system/method/activity to increase your kiddo's abilities on the fluency portion of that assessment? Some of those passages are SO hard! We have some great readers that still struggle on that portion of the test! Have a good week!
    Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top