May Monthly Goals

I am excited to link up with Jess from  I {heart} Recess for my monthly goals!  There are many great reasons to be happy for this linky but let me give you my Top 3 Reasons: 
1. I {heart} Jess' blog it is so cute and has so many wonderful ideas!
2. As Jess said, we often ask our students to set goals but sometimes forget to set them for ourselves.  Setting goals is a fun way to continue to better ourselves.  
3. We are doing May goals...yes, you heard it right... May!  Can you believe it?  Now that the year is almost here I am starting to wonder...where did it all go!?!



Personal:
Laundry!  There is always laundry to be done in our house...and it is just the two of us.  I can only imagine what is going to happen when we have kids..it will be never ending!  My goal for May is to try to do a load or two of laundry on weeknights (that sounds doable right?)  so that it does not all pile up on the weekends!  

Health:
The hubby and I have gotten pretty good at eating different kinds of fruit each day.  I don't think a day goes by without eating at least one piece of fruit (and most days it's more.)  However, veggies are much more foreign in our household.  They simply get forgotten about.  This month I will make it a goal of mine to get more veggies in the house so we can start nibbling on vegetables too!

Blogging:
I love finding new blogs.  There are so many amazing blogs out there full of resources! Many times I find myself reading other blogs and laughing/smiling because I totally have their same sense of humor! Other times, I find myself instantly pinning an idea of something I have been wanting to try with my kiddos. My goal is to continue to find and connect with more teacher bloggers.  

School:
Beginning of the year first graders and end of the year first graders are two completely different sets of kids.  I watch my firsties now and am amazed at how independent they are both academically and socially.  I love seeing my kids solve problems, read stories, work together, follow directions and the list goes on and on.  I am so proud of them.  The end of the year often gets so incredibly busy that I don't think I always take as much time as I should to really enjoy the little people my first graders have become!   

Fun: 
I am running more and more outside as the weather continues to get nicer.   I am hoping by treating myself to some new, cute workout clothes it will help me to stay motivated to workout!  


Happy Monday!
Amanda


2 comments

  1. Haha I love your laundry goal- luckily for some reason my husband is a laundry fanatic and we are ALWAYS up to date with the washing- he's so hard out about it that if he's home he doesn't even like me hanging it out because I don't "do it right" haha fine by me!

    I love getting new work out clothes- such a good way to motivate you!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! I hate laundry! Having three boys makes it difficult to keep up with. I finally broke down and hired a cleaning lady. :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top