Pajama Day and the start of St. Patrick's Day Centers!


We had a busy week!  Our school uses P.B.I.S (Positive Behavior In School) to reward kids on good choices.  My class reached their class goal of fifteen golden eagle-eyes and chose to celebrate with a pajama day!  Kids (and I!) wore pajamas to school and were able to each bring in one stuffed animal! 

In the afternoon we celebrated with healthy snacks, a movie and simply enjoyed being in comfy, cozy clothes.  I wish I took more pictures-the day simply passed by too quickly but I do have a few of my kiddos working on their writing for the day.  Even though you can't completely see their cute pajamas you can see their big smiles and adorable stuffed animals!  

Kids took a picture of themselves and their animal in Photo Booth and dragged it into their writing.

Students wrote about their favorite parts of the day, what their stuffed animals thought about school, and what good choices they made to help earn this reward.  

Last week we also started St. Patrick's Day activities in centers. The kids all LOVE using St. Patrick's Day theme cards and games during math.  The engagement level automatically goes up in my classroom as kids get excited for the upcoming holidays and get to "play" games that remind them of the holidays.  

CCSS.Math.Content.1.OA.A.1 Use addition and subtraction within 20 to solve word problems involving situations of adding to, taking from, putting together, taking apart, and comparing, with unknowns in all positions, e.g., by using objects, drawings, and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
Students are working on matching 2 and 3 addends (or gold coins) to the correct pot of gold!
  
I  have students write down their equations onto whiteboards so I can quickly glance over from my guided math group to see how kids are doing with their center.
Double Trouble!  Students practice their doubles facts in this St. Patrick's Day version of Double Trouble!



First graders love holidays and I can't say as I blame them-- I do too!  This week we will be doing more St. Patrick's Day themed activities and will be: 

Making Words!
Writing about leprechauns!
Playing Roll, Add and Color!
Sorting and Ordering Numbers up to 120!

All of these activities and many more can be found in my St. Patrick's Day Activity Pack!  This activity pack is aligned with the Common Core Standards and has lots of activities to choose from!


Don't forget our 100 Followers Giveaway!


Our 100 Followers Giveaway is still going on! All you have to do to get a chance to win 2 products from both of our stores:
1. Follow our blog.
2. Follow our TPT stores.
3. Leave a comment with your email address. (You can either comment on this post or the original one about our giveaway!)
We are looking forward to picking our winner Sunday night!

Thanks again to Hazel Owl for the fun circle badge!

Happy Sunday!
Amanda



1 comment

  1. Sounds fun! I could imagine the kids looked adorable that day. Thanks for sharing.

    -EscapeeJays.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top