Christmas Craft and New Year's Freebie


Common Core Alignment:  
CC.1.L.2 Conventions of Standard English: Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.  

What a week!  It has been so much fun using all kinds of ideas I have found through blogs and Pinterest with my first graders. We have made snow globes,  ornaments, the *rinch and so much more this past week!  Here are some of the cute projects my first graders did throughout the week: 

This is our first grade *rinch that our very talented TA made for our team.  Each day in December the kids had a new "assignment" that was given to the grade level.  If the kids completed it we got to add an extra heart to our *rinch! 


I think it is fair to say that each one of my first graders is officially ready for Santa and the snow to come.  Today is the first day of winter and I am hoping for the sake of my kids that we have a least a little bit of snow (although I do prefer if the snow doesn't fall during commuting hours!!) because I know it will bring huge smiles to all of their little faces as they walk in the door in just a couple of hours!

With Christmas break quickly approaching (can you believe it is here?!?)  I decided to create a freebie I plan to use when we come back to school in January to help students reflect upon their New Year's Resolutions.  
Freebie Fridays

Teachingisagift


Happy Friday!
Amanda


No comments

Back to Top