Freebie-Reading Response Pirate Theme

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving!  It is always so nice to have a little extra time to spend with family and friends.  I also love getting the time to recharge and have a little extra time to create new things for my kiddos to use when we get back to school on Monday!

Common Core Alignment: 
CCSS. ELA- Literacy. RI.2.1:
Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when,  and how to demonstrate key details in a text.  

Responding to reading is an important part of when assessing comprehension.  I have found it helpful to be able to give students graphic organizers to assist them in processing the information that just read.  After "reading to self"in a center students will typically have a few minute to be able to respond to their reading.  This helps hold students accountable for one of the book that they just read. 

Please check out this freebie that helps students organize their ideas and then retell a story that they just read.  




Freebie Fridays



4 comments

  1. OK, this freebie is too cute! Thanks so much! I'm keeping it for my Pirate Unit!
    Please visit!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I just popped over to your blog... I love organization so I can't wait to hear all of your helpful tidbits! :) Thanks again for downloading-hope it will be useful for you!

      Delete
  2. I love the Pirates! I can't wait to use this with my students!

    I am nominating your blog for a Liebster Award. Check out my blog later to see what it is all about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica for nominating our blog for a Liebster Award! The blog world is quite exciting! Thanks again!

      Delete

Back to Top